Kirk N. Gelatt, Caryn E. Plummer:
Color Atlas of Veterinary Ophthalmology, Second Edition provides a compendium of the clinical appearance of ophthalmic diseases likely to be encountered in small, large, or exotic animal practice. Most diseases are depicted across multiple photographs, showing varying stages and the alterations caused by medical or surgical therapies. With more than 1,000 images and two new chapters, this Second Edition offers a significant expansion of content and presents a complete resource for veterinary clinical ophthalmology.
Each chapter covers congenital or developmental disease, inflammatory disorders, traumatic injuries, degenerative disease, and neoplasia. For each condition depicted, the text discusses the clinical history, the clinical signs and findings associated with the disease, the rule-outs or differential diagnoses, the recommended treatment, and the prognosis. Color Atlas of Veterinary Ophthalmology is an essential reference for practitioners treating conditions of the animal eye.
- Offers a pictorial reference to the clinical appearance of diseases and conditions of the animal eye
- Presents multiple presentations of most ophthalmic diseases to show the varying ways the condition might appear
- Provides more than 1,000 high-quality color clinical photographs showing ocular disorders
- Includes new introductory chapters on ocular anatomy, the ophthalmic exam, and clinical findings in place of the clinical signs chapter
- Covers clinical history, the clinical signs and findings associated with the disease, the rule-outs or differential diagnoses, the recommended treatment, and the prognosis for each disorder