P. J. Quinn, B. K. Markey, F. C. Leonard, P. Hartigan, S. Fanning, E. S. FitzPatrick
Microbiology is one of the core subjects for veterinary students, and since its first publication in 2002, Veterinary Microbiology and Microbial Disease has become an essential text for students of veterinary medicine.
Fully revised and expanded, this new edition updates the subject for pre-clinical and clinical veterinary students in a comprehensive manner. Individual sections deal with bacteriology, mycology and virology. Written by an academic team with many years of teaching experience, the book provides concise descriptions of groups of microorganisms and the diseases which they cause.
Microbial pathogens are discussed in separate chapters which provide information on the more important features of each microorganism and its role in the pathogenesis of diseases of animals. The international and public health significance of these pathogens are reviewed comprehensively. The final section is concerned with the host and is organized according to the body system affected.
Tables, boxes and flow diagrams provide information in an easily assimilated format. This edition contains new chapters on molecular diagnostics and on infectious conditions of the skin, cardiovascular system, urinary tract and musculoskeletal system. Many new colour diagrams are incorporated into this edition and each chapter has been updated.
- Twelve new chapters included
- Numerous new illustrations Each chapter has been updated
- Completely re-designed in full colour
- Fulfils the needs of veterinary students and academics in veterinary microbiology
- Veterinary Microbiology and Microbial Disease remains indispensable for all those studying and teaching this essential component of the veterinary curriculum.