Exotic Animal Laboratory Diagnosis is a practical, user-friendly guide to diagnostic testing in a wide range of exotic species. This resource covers sample collection, storage techniques, and laboratory assays for diagnosis, assessment of health, and prevention of disease, offering a valuable resource for ensuring the quality and accuracy of the laboratory tests. The book focuses on clinical biochemistries, urinalysis, and common laboratory diagnostic tests, providing a comprehensive reference for selecting, obtaining, and using diagnostic tests in treating exotic patients.
With coverage including small mammals, primates, reptiles, aquatic animals, and birds, Exotic Animal Laboratory Diagnosis is organized by species, allowing for quick access to relevant information on laboratory testing in the clinic setting. This essential resource helps practitioners to use clinical pathology as a diagnostic tool when assessing and treating exotic animal patients.
• Offers complete information on obtaining samples, performing tests, and interpreting laboratory results in exotic animals
• Presents information on each species using a similar format for easy access
• Emphasizes details on clinical biochemistries, urinalysis, and common laboratory diagnostic tests not found in other resources
• Draws together information on selecting, performing, and using diagnostic tests into a single easy-to-use resource
• Covers a wide range of species, including small mammals, primates, reptiles, aquatic animals, and wild, laboratory, and pet birds
Exotic Animal Laboratory Diagnosis provides a comprehensive reference and useful guide to diagnostic testing for any practitioner that treats exotic patients.