Matthew D. Barnhart, Karl C. Maritato
Locking Plates in Veterinary Orthopedics is a comprehensive and state-of-the-art guide to all aspects of using locking plates to treat orthopedic conditions in dogs, cats, and large animals. The authors—noted experts in the field—offer a review of the history, basic principles, materials, and complications of the use of locking plates. The text also contains information on the procedures for using locking plates for fractures, corrective osteotomies, and spinal disease.
Co-published with the American College of Veterinary Surgeons Foundation, the text is supported by illustrative color photographs that clearly depict the techniques and principles described. The authors offer an essential resource for using locking plates in veterinary practice and include important information for its successful application. This reference:
• Offers a proven approach to using locking plates in veterinary practice
• Highlights practical clinical applications with illustrative clinical cases
• Includes information on the history, principles, and materials as well as specific techniques
• Presents data on both traumatic and non-traumatic applications
• Provides instructive color photographs to demonstrate the procedures
Written for veterinary surgeons, residents, and interns, as well as any veterinary practitioner or student interested in these techniques, Locking Plates in Veterinary Orthopedics is a comprehensive review of the techniques and principles of locking plates in clinical practice.